This geodata is believed to be in the public domain.
Reasons for a public domain claim can include, but are not limited to:
- the geodata is a work of the US Federal Government. Works of the US Federal Government are generally not eligible for copyright protection.
- the geodata was published in the USA before 1923.
- the geodata was published in the USA without a copyright notice between 1923 and 1965.
- the geodata is photography created in Australia before 1955.
- the original copyright has expired, the period of which can vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. See Wikipedia for copyright situations per country: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyright_situatio....
For a longer discussion of public domain around the world: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Public_domain.