An open-source project bringing the benefits of distributed version-control to geospatial and tabular data.
Distributed Version Control for Data
Koordinates offers version control for geospatial and tabular data using Kart, our open source project built on Git.
- Using Kart, Koordinates stores geospatial and tabular data in Git, providing version control at the row and cell level.
- Unlike other distributed data solutions, Kart isn’t inspired by Git — it’s built on Git, taking advantage of an established open source project.
Built on Git, Works Like Git
If you know Git, you'll feel right at home with Kart. (And if you don't, we make it easy with our Desktop App.)
- Kart uses Uses standard Git repositories and Git-like CLI commands.
- Kart operations are performed locally — a huge advantage over server-based systems.
Supports GIS Workflows
Kart works seamlessly with your existing geospatial workflows and technology stack.
- Kart provides repository working copies as GIS databases and files.
- Anyone can edit data directly in common GIS software, without plugins.